i have a fascination with small home living. i think it is amazing how people live, and how creative they are with storage, and how they make it work. i really think that today people want something big, just to have a big house, when rooms sometimes never ever, get used. (just like kitchens in the basement. a waste of money.) nonetheless, i was reading apartment therapy and they had this quote from the latest dwell magazine, which i get, and have not finished reading it yet.... "Why glorify the small home (March 2008)? A small home might serve its purpose for a progressive couple, but anyone with kids or a family will soon realize that 1,000 square feet is never going to be enough. Living small seems responsible at first, but living that small will never catch on. Living modest might: Modest homes of 2,500 square feet, and creative ways to fit and furnish them, are a burgeoning trend, and I'd like to see this aspect of responsible living explored more."
photo:http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/smallest-coolest-readers-homes-040701
photo:http://www.apartmenttherapy.com/sf/smallest-coolest-readers-homes-040701
2 comments:
I agree! Sometimes in huge homes the decorations feel impersonal because they are just trying to fill up space. But maybe I'm just biased becaause I live in a small home! I love your decorating style! YOu can come design my home anytime! Have a good Wednesday!
Dani,
As you know I live in a small home. It may be tight quarters but I have seen Jed's brother living in his mansions and sometimes they don't know where their children are. They don't know what they are doing on their computers. I love having my kids close. I keep telling Jed that one day my son in laws are going to Thank me for teaching my daughters to be in the world and not of the world. Have a great Wednesday. We are getting the girls ready for girls camp! Linda and I can't make it this year so we have some tricks up our sleeves while they are gone!!! :) Love Ya, Mary
Post a Comment