Tuesday, June 3, 2008


sometimes i think people think that this blog is 'worldy' that i am all about materialistic things, and i want to go out and spend money. that is not the case at all. i really believe strongly in the home. i believe it creates who you are. effects your mood. there is scientific evidence that proves this. i found this quote by robert frost, and it really says how i feel.

Yes, of course [this age] is materialistic, but the only way to counteract it is to create spiritual things. Don't worry yourself about the materialism too much. Create and stir other people to create!--Robert Frost
Be brave enough to live creatively. The creative is the place where no one else has ever been. You have to leave the city of your comfort and go into the wilderness of your intuition. You can't get there by bus, only by hard work, risking, and by not quite knowing what you're doing. What you'll discover will be wonderful: yourself.--Alan Alda
the above photos are Soule Mama's creative room. i love it.
http://soulemama.typepad.com/soulemama/2007/05/come_on_in.html




3 comments:

Jake and Jana Chambers said...

Dani, I do not think your blog is materialistic at all! I think it inspires and conjures up memories that you don't want to forget. Plus, being creative doesn't have to be costly and it makes people feel like they have a need.. so I for one love your blog! Keep the pictures coming:)

Linder said...

I read one time that you are supposed to keep a box filled with clippings of things that "speak" to you and then go through it every once in awhile and it will help you know who you really are. I think this blog is like that for you! And I love it! I would never characterize you as materialistic! You are awesome! :)

erin said...

you make me covet dani. but i'm okay with that.

i love the minty green walls. love. makes me want ice cream and to make something girly.