Tuesday, July 29, 2008

a few of my fav. summer movie quotes!
Shannon Christie: She's got an awfully large chest to be goin' to church.
Joseph Donnelly: Shannon, all chests are equal in the eyes of the Lord
Nora Christie: [upon seeing Shannon's collar unbuttoned] Better to choke than be vulgar.
Elinor Dashwood: Marianne, you must change or you will catch a cold.
Marianne: What care I for colds when there is such a man.
Elinor Dashwood: You will care very much when your nose swells up.
Marianne: You are right. Help me, Elinor.
Lynne: Velcro. Next to the Walkman and tab it is the coolest invention of the 20th century!
Maggie: Do you really think I'm punk? Well, that's outrageous! I mean, it's not as cool as new wave, but it's a lot better than pre-teen!
Johnny: Look, spaghetti arms. This is my dance space. This is your dance space. I don't go into yours, you don't go into mine. You gotta hold the frame
Baby: I carried a watermelon.
Baby: [to herself] I carried a watermelon?
Johnny: I'm gonna do my kind of dancin' with a great partner, who's not only a terrific dancer; somebody who's taught me that there are people willing to stand up for other people no matter what it costs them; somebody who's taught me about the kind of person I wanna be
Johnny: Don't put your heel down; don't put your heel down
Baby: Oh, yes, as a matter of fact it is. We're supposed to do the show in two days, you won't show me the lift, I'm not sure of the turns I'm doing all this to save your ass when what I really want to do is drop you on it

2 comments:

erin said...

someone said that about my chest just the other day.

Anonymous said...

i love that i knew all of these! (i think!) G.J.W.H.F. and S&S are two of my ALL TIME FAVORITES! I have them on VHS .... we should watch.