
so pioneer woman had a great post today i thought i would share my thoughts. her question was...whether their life resembles the life they used to imagine for themselves. for me i would say not at all. i never thought i would live in a small town in idaho. i never would have guessed idaho ever in a million years. i am madly in love with a scientist. i am a mother, and i love every minute of it, i love it because it is my baby girl whom i love so much that made me a mother, but i love it. i never thought i would have accomplished the things i have so far, but i have. i never would change anything. not a single thing, (except for all the cookies i have been eating this week, but if it came down to it, i wouldn't change that either.) so leave a comment if you would like about your life. here are some good quotes from the spot, you need to check her blog out and read the entire thing.
“Let’s see…10 years ago I was 14. Does that make you mad? Or make you feel strange?”
“I was young and full of myself. I would have expected I’d be in Congress by now, or at least have a few bestsellers out. Instead, I find beauty in the curl of the pansies below my steps, the way my dog gets his lip caught in his teeth when he looks at me, and steadfast love from my husband. Life is funny and sad. Sometimes the see-saw effect of it all makes me a little seasick, but mostly I bathe in all the wonder.”
“The past 42 years has included two children we both adore, three grandchildren, careers we’ve retired from, and guess what I still don’t know what I want to be when I grow up. Did I did everything I wanted to do? No. Does it matter now? No. Would I do it again? No. Go with the flow…expectations lead to misery and depression…just let life happen. Grasp opportunity when it comes along, pay your bills, say please and thank you, laugh a lot, and be happy!”
“I thought I’d be married with kids. I’m married with kids. Either I’m good at accomplishing goals, or I have no imagination.”
quotes and idea for this postist from:http://thepioneerwoman.com/confessions/page/2
photog from one of my favorites:http://isuwannee.blogspot.com/
3 comments:
i agree with that. i always knew i wanted to be a wife and mother...ta da! herevi am. but i also thought i'd be an emmy winning tv news reporter/anchor by now...and obviously i'm not. i don't ever feel like i missed out or regret staying at home. anyway, it's way better to watch the news than to be the one out there trudging to get it.
Dani,
I love you! I have been looking at your blog everyday! You are such a cutie, I miss seeing you each week. Your daughter is darling and getting so big. It is getting close to her big day! You are such an amazing woman. You are such a good friend and I will never forget you. You have to move back to Bountiful so that we can watch your Bella grow!!! Happy Pioneer Day!
Love Ya,
Mary
Good posts Danielle! I love your blog. I love reading things like that..and realizing that there is always tomorrow.. I especially love that part about expecations leading to misery.. I have realized that this past year that it is much funner to let life happen and enjoy the surprise.. and about the cookies, I know how you feel:) I just really like you and your mind:)
Post a Comment