love these photos.
In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It is then burst into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. ~Albert Schweitzer
sometimes a change a small change can make your day or your week so happy. today my friend sara came up, and stayed the better part of the day. and it was nice to eat, talk, and share stories. i think i did most the talking. but it was just soooo pleasant! after she left i was thinking about how when we were in high school, sara and i went to the 2nd street mini mart, got potato logs, and corn dogs and ate them at north ogden park and it was outstanding! then we both felt really ill. but secretly i could have eaten more. then i started thinking about all of my friends, and i thought about blogs and how nice it is to keep in touch. then i thought i hadn't talked to manda for awhile, so i decided the best thing to do would be to relive old times, and prank her at work. but then i reconsidered, and i didn't. but i did call her. we only talked shortly. hi and goodbye, but i realized to myself friends are so important. it takes work to be a friend. but the work is quite delightful. i am so lucky for all the friends that i have. even if i haven't seen some for years. seeing and old friend and rekindle-ing, is such a good, refreshing feeling. it makes you happy remembering the past and glad to look forward at whom you are growing to be.
photogs:Entry #33: READ
10 comments:
those potato logs are the greatest thing since sliced bread. in junior high before we were acquainted, i really wanted to be your friend because i thought you were so hip and cool and funny. i am very glad we are friends.
I agree with you totally on friends and keeping your friendships alive! I have very dear friends and treasure them. It does take effort but then that effort is reciprocated and it is such great balance. Once again, I am glad I can get to know you through your blog!!! I saw Mary Jean yesterday. It was nice to see her.
Wow. I haven't thought of the 2nd Street Mini Mart in ages!
I love the pictures - and we totally had that Fisher Price house (next to the red rocking chair).
Sounds like a fun day for Sara and Donotree.
we did just speak for one second. alas, when i tried calling you back our network...the lovely at&t, turned cingular, turned at&t...had absolutely no signal! they need to get their stuff together!!!
ps...thank you for being my friend! you have revived me many times.
I love that picture with the "READ" letters! And I love being your friend and you being mine! We should all get together for a christmas party or something!
It is so awesome to have all the internet for all of us to keep in touch and not neccessarily have to chat on the phone. I love to see all of the awesome pictures that you find for us-to brighten the day.
If it weren't for blogs I would be lost. I was thinking the other day about Brian and how good of a friend he was to me in high school and it made me happy that you married him. You probably laugh a lot! Years ago he started "Friendsgiving" Remember that? Well, I still do it, so thank Brian for starting a great tradition. And Dani I love reading your blog, and I L-O-V-E your tea towels!!
Thanks for talking my ear off, I really loved it. I wanted to be your friend in junior high before I knew you too! Because I thought you had great style, I didn't even know you were a very worthwhile person to go along with all the cool style. Also, the best part about those potato logs was the giant tub of sour cream they gave you to dip. Would you agree?
dani, it has been so long...but i will always remember our "shimmy shake" :P that and your sweatiness for andrew ;) i love you :) thanks for a wonderful post :)
helloooo dana!
Post a Comment