
We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love. ~Author Unknown
when i was little we took valentines around. my mom would take me at night or in the day and i would drop the valentines off ring the doorbell and run. and i remember people doing this as well to me, and my family. leaving sugar cookies, treats, cards, and i don't think people do this anymore-do they?
well i am going to be sure to keep this tradition going in my life. i think valentines day is not only a romantic holiday but a friend holiday as well, just to say thanks for being friends. a lady i used to work with had a tradition every year she would do with her family, her husband would cook this amazing meal for her and the kids, shrimp and steak, the works, then they would have a candelight dinner, with the family. i love that everyone was involved. this is all....
5 comments:
I like this idea as well! I love Valentines day! I was also reminded during your story of dropping things off at neighbors homes, the radio being dropped off at the Stowers and it made me laugh! YOu are a good friend.
I was just thinking about this the other day, my favorite part was making the things for school that people would put your valentines in. One year I made mine a microwave and I thought that I was just the coolest person ever!
you love doorbell ditching just as much as you like prank calling, don't you? at least with doorbell ditching, you leave people with little treats! i love your valentine's tradition.
Every year for Valentine's I make dinner for Tony - complete with some wonderful new chocolate dessert (mostly for me). We love to have a quiet evening together and then hear everyone the next day saying how hard it was to get into a restaurant!
to be honest i've never really liked Valentine's day ... only because I think it is hard not to be disappointed on it. Too many expectations created by society. BUT we have started just celebrating as a family ... just doing fun things and making sure our kids know how much we love them too. I like the idea of making a nice meal .... one day I will have time I hope!
Post a Comment