Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ruffles, and spiders.




i happen to love ruffles. they are so romantic for this valentine season. and since i pretend my last name is valentine for this valentine season i had to post this. however i do think that ruffles are a haven for spiders to hide. so they actually make me nervous. especially shower curtains with ruffles. and even more especially, using fresh garden flowers. i say this with an experience or two under my belt. don't even talk to me about a terrifying car ride, with a beautiful bouquet of fresh peonies. b-dog really almost got kicked out of a moving car. however i think garden flowers in a bathroom, just one little flower, or bud in a tiny bud vase is one of my most favorite things ever. i also love ruffles the chips. it seams to me that rainbow gardens is the only place in the world that serves, ruffles with ridges.

"men do change. and change come like a little wind that ruffles the curtains at dawn, and it comes like the stealthy perfume of wildflowers hidden in the grass." -john steinbach

"a ruffled mind makes a restless pillow." -charlotte bronte


4 comments:

erin said...

my friend just bought some extremely cute ruffle drapes from urban outfitters. i heart them. and ruffle potato chips.

ANNE said...

I LOVE ruffles, too! Target has a really cute spring line that has lots of ruffles...

Alyson said...

Oooh, I LOVE those pillows! And the shower curtains. And the table cloth...I guess I love ruffles more than I thought! :) They are so romantic. And the chips are delicious!


ps. do you really pretend your last name is Valentine? I love that!!!

Discovery Preschool said...

miss valentine.. i really thought you would marry someone with the last name valentine.. that or ammon fawson:) just kidding! i love your posts.. you are so funny, hell hath no fury like a girl with a spider in her car/bathtub/pretty much anywhere!