Wednesday, September 15, 2010

lately.




"one person can make a difference, and every person should try."-john kennedy

lately, i worried i picked the wrong profession.

i worry i should have been a nurse.

for reasons, like in a bad economy, they always have

a job. and they only have to work like one day a week.

however, i am not good at chemistry.

and i feel bad for people, really bad for people.

i think i would cry all day.

and i have the nose of a bloodhound.

smells make me sick.

not to mention i am forgetful. and i like drawing or painting

couches wayyy to much.

then today my mom told me about a design show she watched.

a man had a disease, and it was in his final stages.

and his wife wanted his room to be beautiful.

so he could die in a beautiful place.

the designer made the hospital bed,

not look like a hospital bed.

she made it a 'family' room.

where the kids could play with their toys, and be

by their dad.

where he could watch, and be with his family,

in the comfort of his own bed.

and it ended up becoming a beautiful,

and a happy final resting place.

and it was a good story.

and i did not do it justice.

but i realize that we all have our own talents.

and then i read this quote...

"the person born with a talent they are meant to use

will find their greatest happiness in using it."

-johann wolfgagn von goethe

sometimes i think i just need to grow up.

and be happy for who i am. :)



happy happy wednesday!







4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have thought the same thing before . Just the other day in fact. And I couldn't be a nurse for the same reasons. Well minus the painting part. I am glad you are not a nurse..... The world would never know the beauty of your talent. And you would never be truly hAppy. Which would make me feel sorry for you. Man, I am glad I do no have to feel sorry for you my friend!

Discovery Preschool said...

i love this post.. and your new layout is awesome.. and thank you for helping me pick the right color of orange and liking my hair and laughing at my jokes:) you are a good friend and i like you because you are you. unabashedly you. and thanks for telling me about the shoes at target:) that is a true friend:)

Alyssa said...

like the look of your new blog...and no you were not meant to be a nurse...giggle, snort, belly laugh...and i can do that because could you imagine if i were a nurse???

Kip & Melissa said...

Your story is great, even though you think you didn't to it justice I still got the idea :) And I looked at Kip's chemistry notes just the other night while he was studying for the DAT and thought.. wow that's why I didn't go into the health profession. I totally know what you mean, I'm so happy we had the chance to live in Ridge Crest together I will never forget that tiny little place, or your family!