
I promised my sister that I'd keep her children safe and well-loved. And expressed my immense love for her. I feel an ocean of love for her. A galaxy. It almost engulfs my humanity. Then I left Christopher in the room alone with her so that he could make some promises of his own. I am left to wonder when I will see her again, and in what state? But I feel at peace....
The heros of this story have been my rallying family. Each sister (blood and law) have assigned themselves days of the week to take over the children, laundry or meals. Niece and nephews are volunteering one of their weekend nights so that Lucy and Ric, Chup and I can go out on dates. Cousins show up every morning to walk Claire and Jane to school together and arrive after school to drop them (safely) home. Of course, these are all done with immense compassion, linking us all together and giving our relationships renewed purpose...
But most of all, as part of our LDS doctrine, we are fully aware of the sacredness of the soul. And we believe in a Father in Heaven who has a plan for our souls. There is something about walking through the valley of the shadow of death that reminds us how glorious it is to have a body and a spirit. And we look forward to the day when both will be inseparable.Where is the tragedy here?
it is an incredible story. sometimes in the news and around we see thoughtless actions of other people not caring about other people, then a story like this comes along, and people only knowing people over a blogspot come together and do their part to serve and to help. but it also shows how family is so important giving what she says, our relationships a renewed purpose. it is incredible.
go to http://cjanerun.com/ to read more.
1 comment:
ever since you posted about this girl i've been checking her sister's blog. what a story. i am also seriously touched by this family.
Post a Comment