Saturday, February 7, 2009


what is it about nighttime, when i am home alone, with bella sleeping....i have dishes to do, a lesson to plan, and things to be done...yet i am little afraid. that is right folks, i am sometimes scared to be home alone at night. tonight as bry has to leave to go to an experiement at the school, i tell him i am nervous. his reply is loving and he remind me that i am always nervous when he has to leave at night. but i really was nervous. i am okay now, even though i am listening to every noise, and wondering if that door opening is someone coming in, or the neighbors. as i am doing the dishes i have to pause to go upstairs and make sure that i did not hear someone walking around. then i sit down to blog to take my mind of my troubles. then i do wish the neighbors were home, and that we were good friends, or friends. or i wish my police scanner worked-a strange comfort when i am nervous. so i guess i am silly for announcing this, but it is true, tonight i am a little lily-livered as ms. manda would say... at least i am brave enough to post this.


5 comments:

Amy said...

love the quote. As I sit here reading this, it is 11pm and I am without my hubby like almost everyother night thinking maybe I should be more scared....
hang in there.

erin said...

i hope your night went well and you didn't need the louisville slugger or maglight.

Marleepatts said...

I am terrified of being alone at night, I do not remember having this totally irrational fear before I got married and had children. Now when my husband is gone I want to take my kids in my bed lock the door and hide under the covers instead-I lay there and listen to noises that are not there.

ANNE said...

Sometimes I think we watch too much TV and it teaches us to be frightened of things that don't really happen all that often in real life but happen all of the time on TV. I've always been afraid of being home alone at night, so my favorite scripture became D&C 6:36 - Look unto me in every thought; doubt not, fear not.

Anonymous said...

oh the stories i could share about late nights ... being one hundred percent convinced there were people in the house, turning on all the lights and shouting down the hall in an attempt to scare off the intruder. Yes, I am a little lily-livered. Ok well A LOT. Getting better though .... you need to get texting so you can text me when you have a late night fright!