
don't you love paper dolls? i do, and did growing up. one time my grandma M came back from london and gave me princess diana paper dolls. they were AMAZING! bella is gonna have some major paper dolls collections.
Right now, the skies are dark and cloudy. (like they have been all week) ever since i was a little lass i was certain good things happened on cloudy dark days, especially when the wind blew. it reminds me of this quote from the movie chocolat:
Storyteller:Once upon a time, there was a quiet little village in the French countryside, whose people believed in Tranquilite-tranquility. If you lived in this village, you understood what was expected of you. You knew your place in the scheme of things. And if you happened to forget, someone would help remind you. In this village, if you saw something you weren't supposed to see, you learned to look the other way. If perchance your hopes had been disappointed, you learned never to ask for more. So through good times and bad, famine and feast, the villagers held fast to their traditions. Until, one winter day, a sly wind blew in from the North....
This week: Bella got a new 'vintage' radio flyer tricycle. pictures to come soon. moved into her big girl bed, equipped with sheets that i just adore, (and took months to acquire.) (again pictures to come soon) Went to the downeast tent sale and was sorely disappointed. ate at the olive garden. (its been years.) went for a nice country drive in the middle of the week! reading a good book. enjoying some cookies, and diet coke!
7 comments:
Paper dolls are great! I also like the magnetic ones too. (Those would be good to try Bella on first.) Sounds like you had a great week. The cake I made was actually quite easy to make. You can buy premade fondant and dye it to the color you want. You'll have to make one for Bella one day.
I have some paper dolls that were my Mom's. My Mom used to design clothes for her paper dolls and I have some of them too! It's fun to have some from when she was a little girl. I LOVE them!
i love the "fun with Dick and Jane" paper dolls.... don't know what happened to the ones Kayla had a few years back. hard to keep track of through all of the moves i guess. funny i was going to ask you if you wanted my kids old red trike. but a new one is better i think. can't wait to see the new bed... i think i'll stop by tomorrow
Downeast's tent sales have gone down hill-they used to be so awesome.
I can't wait to see Bella's new sheets and bike.. she is so cute and you are a cute momma.. when is the little one due? I am excited for you!
We loved paper dolls - the kind that you actually had to cut out. Sara said the tent sale was dumb. Too bad for you guys, but now I don't have to be jealous!
P.S. I finally posted some pictures from Sara's house on my blog...
Oh boy, don't get me started on paper dolls. Just ask Jana, paperdolls were our obsession summer of 1989!! And I L-O-V-E the movie Chocolat. IT is my very favorite. Chocolate yummy ... Johnny Depp YUMMY!!!!
Post a Comment