Thursday, October 23, 2008


my friend sara wrote this to me about views. and i think it is beautiful. honest and strikes a chord with me. so i asked her if i could post it and she said yes ma'am. the above is a view from last years country living. i love this photo. this article was good. but this photo kind of reminds me of what i want my life to head out. when i am in my 50's i want to have raised my kids, i want them to be healthy and happy. i would like my own studio or shop converted from and old barn. i want to garden all day if i want too, and have my own rake....

"....I wanted to tell you about my favorite view. I feel really lucky to live in such a beautiful area that everywhere I look is a favorite view. But the best of all was when I was very first married. Do you remember our first apartment? Joe lived in it the summer before we got married and got it painted and fixed up. We lived in the attic of a beautiful old house just five houses away from the Logan temple, and out my window over the kitchen sink was the temple perfectly framed. It was so beautiful to see it at everytime of day in every season, I especially loved it when it was raining. At a certain time each evening the lights would come on and the white towers on each side would become an alien like glowing green. The real reason I loved it so much, was that when I was first married, I was working on overcoming a lot of fear. Mostly of the dark. I know that sounds dumb, but I was still a kid and afraid to live on my own in an apartment where the windows didn't lock, or even shut very well. But when I would get up in the night, I would just go to the kitchen and feel like I had my own personal night light from Heavenly Father. It was so comforting, I will never forget my favorite view. "

3 comments:

Jake and Jana Chambers said...

I love that. I can picture her apartment perfectly. Now I will tell you about two of my favorite views.. also at night and in the dark. I lie inbetween two of my favorite views, when I roll to my left I see Oliver in his bassinet and his perfect little features and the rise and fall of his perfect little chest, and then I roll to the right and I see Jake's perfect sharp features and the rise and fall of his chest.. and then I close my eyes and fall back to sleep because for now everything is perfect. I also really love the mountains out my front window!

ANNE said...

This was so great. I'm older than Sara, but I still have issues with being home alone when it's dark. Living in a 100-year-old house doesn't help. But the Spirit does!

Wendy said...

Dani, this is absolutely beautiful! You write wonderfuly! The Lord is so generous to us personally.