Saturday, January 31, 2009




today i am all along. for the entire day. i feel very lonely. bryan has taken sweet baby girl to utah to a baptism of his niece. so i have the whole entire day to myself. i have plans of taking a hot bath and getting as much cleaning done as my body will let me. i was reading off jana's blog which was about music. and how powerful music can be. when i was really sick i would go up to my room at night, and it would be dark and comforting, and i would listen to my ipod. it made me feel so much comfort, the music that reminds you of sweet memories and good moments. i am grateful music. i quote janas blog:
Jack johnson's songs always make me want to take off my shoes, build a tree-house, and live the simple life. Music just makes you happy, it can make you run faster, forgive quicker, and compare less.
i really loved this quote because it is amazing what music can do for the soul. while reading her blog i thought of this quote:
"Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair. " Gibran, Kahlil
so even though i feel quite lonely, and feel anxious for them to come home, i am going to turn up the music and enjoy a day to myself.

photog one via: http://blackeiffel.tumblr.com/ photog by:coco+kelley

6 comments:

Wendy said...

What a wonderful opportunity to be alone! But, I too know how lonely it gets quickly! That is wonderful that you are expecting again. How beautiful. Blessings to you!

Marleepatts said...

I agree I love music so much, I think that the invention of the I pod is quite possibly the best invention ever.

Anonymous said...

oh had i known! i hope that you did have a peaceful day though .... baths are always nice. i do love that quote from your friend about music. and i love that first picture (well all of the pictures actually) ... I want a drive and a porch like that one someday!

ANNE said...

Ooh - I love the hedges. And thanks for the awesome thoughts about music, Dani & Jana!

regano said...

Dani...love the quote about earth and wind! It’s going in ivy’s room in vinyl letters, those are her 2 most favorite things :) thanks so much for all your great pics for inspiration. Oh and I don’t know how long ago you wrote that hallways are often neglected spaces in our homes...well this week I finally transformed mine and so even though it took a yr. or more to do it, I was listening! :) We sure miss you Idahoans.

regano said...

Dani...love the quote about earth and wind! It’s going in ivy’s room in vinyl letters, those are her 2 most favorite things :) thanks so much for all your great pics for inspiration. Oh and I don’t know how long ago you wrote that hallways are often neglected spaces in our homes...well this week I finally transformed mine and so even though it took a yr. or more to do it, I was listening! :) We sure miss you Idahoans.