Monday, February 2, 2009

yesterday was bittersweet. bryan's team for the super bowl lost. however my guy won. and won big. i have been watching the australian open every day and rafael nadal is my most favorite tennis player of all time. he is a brillant player, and is amazing to watch. he played his rival rodger federer and apparantly at the award ceremony federer wept. and nadal was very kind and gracious and did not boast. our dvr quit recording the event and we missed the ceremony. RATS! however i do have a good quote for the day:


""The ship of my life may or may not be sailing on calm and amiable seas. The challenging days of my existence may or may not be bright and promising. Stormy or sunny days, glorious or lonely nights, I maintain an attitude of gratitude. If I insist on being pessimistic, there is always tomorrow. Today I am blessed."" — Maya Angelou

4 comments:

Jake and Jana Chambers said...

Hey Dani! I just read your blog, thanks for quoting me.. I also watched some of the Australian Open, papa Jul's is a huge tennis fan and so he and Oli watched it and Oli would not take his eyes off of it.. I am hoping that he will be a future tennis player! It is kind of nice to have some alone time, hope you enjoyed yourself!

ANNE said...

It is so easy to get stuck watching tennis! I kind of like Federer because he reminds me of this high school picture that we have of my dad - is that weird? (And we were totally crushed when the Cardinals lost. Poor Kurt Warner got ripped off.)

salgal said...

I don't watch tennis, but I am glad you enjoyed it. How did Bryan and Bella do in Utah? I assume it was for Tiffany's baptism. I like the quotes you always have. Very true with the Maya Angelou's quote. I need to be optimistic. Today was a nice quiet day getting everyone better.

mandalynette said...

i enjoyed our conversation about mr. nadal and the weepy federer yesterday. you know, i should have won that match too.