today is one of those days that no matter what i do, no matter what action, something goes wrong. from leaving bella ALONE in the cart with the shopping checker outer who doesn't know us from tom, as i run to get a knew package of wheat flour. i am glad we were being watched over as she did not get taken or kidnapped. too putting my groceries in the car and the blizzardy wind keeps blowing my car door opening and almost hitting the car next too me, to dropping groceries, to spilling water EVERYWHERE, hours later still feeling the scare that i left bella ALONe in the cart. (i will never do that again.) to wondering does any other mother make mistakes as big as this? to having a huge mess downstairs and laundry that i cannot seem to finish. i hope bella can just keep surviving my sometimes really really bad actions.
5 comments:
oh i promise i have had days like that! i think there is def. someone taking extra watch over our kids as we busy mothers have our absentminded moments!
one time jake and i were at bukoos (a store in farmington) jake was on Oli duty and left him in the cart as he sauntered three aisles down.. and I once forgot to buckle the top part of Oli's car seat.. luckily it was just from my mom's house to mine.. but still I know that feeling of complete fright and thankfulness all rolled into one! At times like this.. i think how do moms on drugs ever raise kids...and then I tell myself At least Oli is lucky i'm not on drugs:) it makes me feel slightly better
yes, I think we all have days like that. I have a friend who left her new baby in the car and went in the grocery store to grab a few things, even bought diapers. She didn't realize that she had brought him until she got out to the car. She cried all the way home and all night she felt so horrible.
I wonder how my other kids made it when I was pregnant. It's enough just to be pregnant without a toddler to take care of. Hang in there.
I think that kids have this amazing ability to not die-there have been many times that I think back on something and think well that was about the stupidiest thing that I have done. You also get an extra pass because you are pregnant-like my sister told me sometimes it is ok to have a messy house(easier said than done!).
You are not alone -- I was in the target parking lot, Cooper was in the cart and I was loading to car. All of a sudden I hear Cooper screaming adn him and the cart were rolling away down the parking lot. I go screaming chasing after them....It was awful!! Funny now, but scary then.
Post a Comment